Author Topic: The 21st GrinningRemnant Create a Card Contest!  (Read 2629 times)

7se7en

• Custom Card Contest Official and Template Creator
    • View Profile
The 21st GrinningRemnant Create a Card Contest!
« about: January 30, 2017, 12:18:55 AM »
Greetings and welcome to...

THE 21ST GRINNINGREMNANT CREATE A CARD CONTEST

In the spirit of older characters coming back, and my boy Alisaris topping in a tournament, I've decided that this challenge will be one with a bit of a restriction. I know you guys like your freedom, but hear me out!

The challenge this week is ascend a ruler ranging from Valhalla to Lapis
But 7se7en, we don't have the ability to make Ascended cards.

FOR THE NEW TEMPLATE, GO HERE https://www.reddit.com/r/FoWtcg/comments/5qyun9/force_of_will_mse_template_update_ascension/

Good luck and have fun. Especially with finding art. I know some people have difficulty with this, but tools like SAFEBOORU exist. You can search tags like "blue_hair" and "skirt" or whatever.

Details for the contest:
Biweekly, we will hold a create a card contest. Within the allotted time frame, we will take custom card submissions. Cards must relate to a theme/guidelines laid out that week.
Submissions must be made in this specific thread.
One submission per individual. If multiple submissions, be sure to specify which one is your "main" one. It's advised not to do this though.
Give credit in the illustrator section to the artist of any art you use. If you don't know the name of the artist, simply make the illustrator "PROXY".

Judging will be public voting instead of secret council. A strawpoll will be generated on the last day of the contest, and as the next GRCAC is active, voting will last for 1 week.

The winner will get their card featured on the main GrinningRemnant page, and will receive a custom forum title!

This contest will end in two weeks on 02/12/2017.
Good luck!

[You can find the template for creating cards at https://www.reddit.com/r/FoWtcg/comments/54d5ur/force_of_will_mse_template_release_lapis_edition/]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:59:47 PM by 7se7en »

7se7en

• Custom Card Contest Official and Template Creator
    • View Profile
Re: The 21st GrinningRemnant Create a Card Contest!
« Reply #1 about: January 30, 2017, 03:59:42 PM »

Probably broken. With all the ramp. But I like my Puss in Boots.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:55:22 PM by 7se7en »

CrazyCat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 about: January 30, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »

You'll have to forgive it not being full art. No matter what I tried, the full art kept screwing up, so I just said screw it and kept it simple.

It's a little more modified than the other ascension rulers, but A) It kind of combines both of Rezzard's forms, and B) Rezzard was just unsalvageable. He needed a total makeover. I tried to keep his general theme, though.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:41:17 PM by CrazyCat »

Aethereon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 about: January 30, 2017, 11:31:35 PM »

KevinLyttle

• Winner of the 20th Create a Card Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 about: January 31, 2017, 12:16:49 AM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:49:13 AM by KevinLyttle »

Kokoro-kun

• Winner of the 7th, 15th, 16th, and 21st Create a Card Contest!
  • "People die when they are killed" -Emiya Shirou
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 about: January 31, 2017, 04:26:24 PM »
Another one with many changes. Same reasoning, this ruler was stuck in the deepest of pits without some rework (kept all the old abilities but added some new ones). Double layered art might be added if I have time. :D

Edit: Added layer for J-ruler side

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:32:13 PM by Kokoro-kun »

Tazsea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 about: February 03, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
My entry to this GRCAC is Drifter Alice Ascended! My favourite card made better, I wanted to have more meaningful interaction with her stone so I added an insensitive to actually using stone, now onto the card.

"Is that a Jojo refrence?"

aserty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 about: February 10, 2017, 01:17:54 PM »
Little Red here, I want to create a good ruler to agro decks. She punish control style decks with its natural protection and she can counter Space-Time, Water Tranformation or Dark Alice God's Art. I add to her standar kit an ability to "pierce" and pass over tiny resonators, as well that her ruler side still free flip playing her addition.

[GR] Alex

• GR Staff
    • View Profile
    • GrinningRemnant
« Reply #8 about: February 15, 2017, 12:20:12 PM »
Oh man every single entry is awesome!